Tuesday, July 5, 2011

USAF 55th. RQS / Jolly Green Patch

USAF 55th RQS / Jolly Green Patch

I´ve got this patch from a UK collector but don´t know why the UK´s flag is on the background? Supposedly the 56th. RQS is stationed in Lakenheath, AFB - UK and not the 55th RQS which is stationed in Davis-Monthan AB, Arizona. Seems like this is a fake patch or the manufacturer just hit the wrong key and hit ¨55¨ instead of ¨56¨. Ups!.. Anyways, this collection's idea is to have everything made in honor to the USAF Rescue SQ's.
Got information about this item? Contact me below (comments) with your email address and I´ll get back to you ASAP! Thank you! 

2 comments:

  1. I too have one of these patches. Apparently it is an error patch, where a small quantity of these were incorrectly embroidered with the 55th RQS instead of the 56th RQS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, aparently it's what happened, but guess what? This make these piece a rare collector value too! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

I´m constantly searching for original challenge coins, moral and issued patches, badges and more. Please don´t hesitate to contact me if you are willing to sell something. I buy!