Tuesday, September 11, 2012

USAF 4460th Helicopter Squadron Patch

USAF 4460th Helicopter Squadron Patch
This is the small squadron patch for the 4460th Helicopter squadron that performs rescue missions. This squadron belongs to the 57th Wing (57 WG) is an operational unit of the USAF Warfare Center, stationed at Nellis AFB (gunnery range), Nevada;  as well as support for the Mercury test site. It was located in Indian Springs, NV. The squadron was de-activated in 1988.
The 57 WG's mission is to provide well trained and well equipped combat forces ready to deploy into a combat arena to conduct integrated combat operations, including CSAR missions.


Got information about this item? Contact me below (comments) with your email address and I´ll get back to you ASAP! Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Wow I haven't seen that picture in many years. I believe it was taken in 1988, the last year that ISAFAF had the UH-1Ns. We won an award for having all aircraft 100% and in the air. I was in one of them when the picture was taken. You wouldn't have any more pictures from the 4460th would you?

    Chris Whitten
    Cwhitten@usa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more pictures. I was a crew chief there from 1982 until 1986. Initially we were Detachment 1, 57 FWW. The huey's were red and white then were painted with the black and white paint scheme. Let me know if you are looking for more photos. Theodoretrask@comcast.net

      Delete
  2. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. helicopter rent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there until the deactivation (actually, two weeks after as one of the birds broke and I had to stay). When you talk about your 'Air Force family", you really mean it at ISAFAF. I was going to be alone in the barracks for Thanksgiving. but Col. Ed Harrow would have none of that! I ended up at his house for the Holiday!

    ReplyDelete

I´m constantly searching for original challenge coins, moral and issued patches, badges and more. Please don´t hesitate to contact me if you are willing to sell something. I buy!