Saturday, June 27, 2015

USAF Local Base Rescue / HH-43 Huskie / Otis AFB Patch

USAF Local Base Rescue / HH-43 / Otis AFB large 5 inch Patch
Mint condition. Circa 1948

 The Otis AFB based 'Texas Tower' H-21B 's had very successful off-shore (256km) round trip people and things transport missions. The Texas Tower Helicopter Pilots were assigned to the 551st AEW&C Wing, Operations Squadron. Otis AFB, Massachusetts. Some of the Pilots were Allan 'Sonny' Hopkins, Ed Flanigin (later at Edwards), Wilbur Parker, Ed Brooks, Robert Naylor and myself, John H. McLeaish.  I flew 1200 hours in support of the Towers. 
 
 
Here's Texas Tower #2 - 128nm east of North Truro, Mass (Cape Cod)  --H-21B's were the mainstay of personnel and magnatron and other material support.  Landings were somewhat hampered by wind over the radomes.
 
 
Got information about this item? Contact me below (comments) with your email address and I´ll get back to you ASAP! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I´m constantly searching for original challenge coins, moral and issued patches, badges and more. Please don´t hesitate to contact me if you are willing to sell something. I buy!