Thursday, August 9, 2018

Why I don't show the backing or dimensions of the patches?


Many readers have written to me over the years asking for dimensions of the patches or if I could show the back of them. Unfortunately, there are countless counterfeiters of these items around the world that are dedicated to fraudulently and apocryphally copy these with the sole purpose of making a profit with them in the world of collecting. The lack of knowledge from some beginners and even seasoned and expert collectors with vast experience, make that there is a parallel market for these patches and that every day, many people in good faith buy them online.

By not providing any information about the exact dimensions of the patches, basically, the fake manufacturers lack information on how to copy them perfectly. This is where the back of the patch fulfills one of the most important functions by revealing the embroidery technique used to make them. It is for all this and especially to maintain the heraldry of the USAF that I do not provide any data on the items contained in this collection.

FGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

I´m constantly searching for original challenge coins, moral and issued patches, badges and more. Please don´t hesitate to contact me if you are willing to sell something. I buy!