Thursday, May 11, 2017

WANTED! USAAF 1352nd Base Unit / Air Jungle Rescue

USAAF 1352nd Army Air Force Base Unit, Air Jungle Rescue Patch
This is a Burmese-made 1352nd Army Air Force Base Unit Air Jungle Rescue patch. The patch shows a five-pointed star bearing different symbols on each arm and reads UT VIRI VIVANT (That men may live). Circa 1944/5.
The 1352d AAF Base Unit (Search & Rescue) was organized 1 Dec 1944 at Tezgaon Airfield; Dacca, Bengal, India (now Dakka, Bangladesh), under the India-China Division of Air Transport Command. Moved to Mohanbari Airfield (Guwhati, Assam, India) some time in 1945 and was deactivated on 22 Dec 1945.



Got information about this item? Contact me below (comments) with your email address and I´ll get back to you ASAP! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I´m constantly searching for original challenge coins, moral and issued patches, badges and more. Please don´t hesitate to contact me if you are willing to sell something. I buy!