Tuesday, October 22, 2013

USAF Spec. Ops. Training Unit / Beret Flash

USAF SPECIAL OPERATIONS TRAINING UNIT BERET BADGE
Possible worn by AFSOC's Spec.Ops instructors at Hurlburt Field, AFB before 1993.
Does anyone know what is that ¨AM¨ on the background of the badge?

This info. is not confirmed, but doing some research with no results, finally came across with the info that looks like this is a Texas A&M ROTC badge.

I had forgotten about this badge. It surfaced last year or the year before. AM is meant to identify training unit as being part of Texas A&M. The special ops training unit does exist there. As I said I never followed through and contacted the ROTC programs for more info.

However it does seem AF ROTC detachments heve incorporated elite Air Force Special Operations preparation teams or clubs as part of their program. Some cadets in some programs are eating it up as making them some sort of mission qualified BTDT member. 

Got information about it? Got it? Want to sell or trade? Contact me below (comments) with your email address and I´ll get back to you ASAP! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. As a former Aggie Corps turd, I can confirm that this badge is what you say it is.

    ReplyDelete

I´m constantly searching for original challenge coins, moral and issued patches, badges and more. Please don´t hesitate to contact me if you are willing to sell something. I buy!