Friday, August 10, 2012

USAAF 6th ERS / 5th AAF Flight Jacket Patch

USAAF (U.S Army Air Force) 6th Emergency Rescue Squadron / 5th Army Air Force / Flight Jacket Patch. ¨Quarite et Invenietis¨ Latin for ¨Seek and Find¨. Circa 1943/5
Painted on top-grain leather with almost 10 inches long, the patch shows some minor age, but wear out on the Motto phrase. This was the most ¨hard to find¨ patch ever in my collection.

Photo reference from an actual WWII era jacket

The 6th Emergency Rescue Squadron was assigned to the Fifth Air Force and part of the squadron began operations from Okinawa. The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th Emergency Rescue Squadrons from the "Greatest American Generation" served during the WWII era. These men and Squadrons served in every Theatre of the War flying slow and lightly armed, OA-10A (PBY-5A) amphibian aircrafts while under constant threat of attack by enemy fighters and ground fire.

B-17H search and rescue variant of the Flying Fortress showing additional radar and rescue boat. This B-17H of the 6th Emergency Rescue Squadron was photographed at Floridablanca Airfield, Luzon, Philippine Islands in June 1945. (U.S. Air Force Photo).

Got information about this item? Contact me below (comments) with your email address and I´ll get back to you ASAP! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. this was my fathers patch when he was discharged from the army I now have his patch

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandfather was with the 6th ERS and I'm looking for information about his service.. any info helps.

    Email is Jailerbynight@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I´m constantly searching for original challenge coins, moral and issued patches, badges and more. Please don´t hesitate to contact me if you are willing to sell something. I buy!