Thursday, August 9, 2012

USAF TAC Sea Survival School Patch

USAF TAC (Tactical Air Command) - Sea Survival School Patch
PRAEMONITI AC PARATI (Latin for ¨Forwarned & Forearmed¨) 
This is a super rare vintage patch. Hard to find!

In August 1962 the TAC Sea Survival School was started at Langley AFB, VA and Homestead AFB, FL by one Life Support Officer Maj Wayne E. Williams, and six Life Support personnel. For more info, read this interesting article HERE.

Left to Right SSgt Paul Swindell, SMSgt William Leighton, Maj. Wayne Williams, (Student), SSgt James Stanford and TSgt Clarence L. Lewey, all wearing the TAC-SSS insignia on their shirts.

Got information about this item? Contact me below (comments) with your email address and I´ll get back to you ASAP! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I only have the one patch when I was at the school. I had several but all equipment, patches, etc that we at the school was lost on my retirement/move to GA. If I ever find it I will contact you. I know of two people that may have this patch. If you will email me I will give you the info. mapaswindell@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete

I´m constantly searching for original challenge coins, moral and issued patches, badges and more. Please don´t hesitate to contact me if you are willing to sell something. I buy!